[ltt-dev] Trying to compile lttng-tools

Daniel U. Thibault daniel.thibault at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri May 13 14:27:57 EDT 2011

Bernd Hufmann <Bernd.Hufmann <at> ericsson.com> writes:

> I use the EGit/JGit plug-ins within my Eclipse environment to checkout
> and import the Eclipse projects. This is pretty quick. However, I don't
> have the firewall issues which you have.
>
> In case you can solve the problem with the firewall, here are the
> instructions to import the LTTng projects to your workspace.
> Here are the instructions: After installation of EGit/JGit, you can
> clone the repository from the GIT-repository perspective. Then you will
> see cloned repository "org.eclipse.linuxtools". The expand the tree, you
> will see the "Working Directory" tree item. Expand that too. In there
> you will find the tree item "lttng". Then select "lttng" and press the
> right mouse button. In the context sensitive menu, select "Import
> Project...". A dialog wizard  will open. In the dialog box use "Import
> Existing Projects" and select "lttng" (if necessary). Press next, then
> select all the Eclipse Projects you want to import and the press
> "Finish". That's all.

   I can install Eclipse EGit and its perspective almost works (I get to the
actual clone action and then it gives up with "Problem Occurred: Cannot
download"); I'll see later if its because of our persnickety firewall or not.

   I resorted to downloading the git directly using wget:

wget -r --level=99 -np -P /destination-directory-path/lttng.2011-05-10/ -nH
--cut-dirs=5
http://git.eclipse.org/c/linuxtools/org.eclipse.linuxtools.git/plain/lttng/ -o
/destination-directory-path/lttng.2011-05-10.log --reject index.html,robots.txt
--no-check-certificate

   Notice how the path needed is the ...git/plain/... one.  All I need to do to
complete wget is scan its log for any "ERROR 403" occurrences, which signal our
firewall blocking an "executable" (a Linux executable, a .gz or .sh file, etc.).
 Then I can import those projects into Eclipse.