[ltt-dev] System level trace documentation

Francis Giraldeau francis.giraldeau at usherbrooke.ca
Fri Jul 22 13:03:22 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-22 at 12:50 -0400, Shariyar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a documentation on different types of elements (e.g.,
> channels, events, markers, etc.) captured in LTTng system level trace.
> How channels group different kinds of information and what is the
> meaning of each individual element. Is there a way to get that info?

You may be interested in a recently published paper about recovering
system metrics from kernel trace [1]. There is an introduction about the
meaning of few events.

I don't know about exhaustive documentation on tracepoints, but as
usual, kernel sources are a good start. Look for functions trace_
$(channel)_$(event) for lttng 0.249.

Cheer,

Francis