[ltt-dev] [RFC UST] Processes model

Stefan Hajnoczi stefanha at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 07:04:36 EST 2011

> In order for ustd to be stateless, it should save all the registry information
> to disk.  If ustd is killed or crashes, it will be able to restart and get the
> tracing state back without loosing track of all sessions.

I think the intention here is to avoid losing knowledge of existing
sessions when ustd is restarted?  It's not clear what the impact will
be: can in-progress tracing continue while ustd is offline?

What about the robustness of ustconsumerd?

In general it would be interesting to flesh out this section to
explain the details.

Stefan