[ltt-dev] Fwd: Re: Event tracing in multinode system

Francis Giraldeau Francis.Giraldeau at USherbrooke.ca
Fri Jan 7 16:19:47 EST 2011

Benjamin Poirier <benjamin.poirier at polymtl.ca> a écrit :
> On 05/01/11 07:51 AM, Sebastian Wenta wrote:
>> I`m in the middle of a project, in which turned out that I will need a
>> tool for tracing and visualisation of event generated by
>> multiplenodes. I was looking for something similar to TATL (
>> http://www.mc.com/microsites/cell/ProductDetails.aspx?id=2840 ) which
>> fullfilles all my needs but I`m blocked to use it. As a completly new
>> fan of LTTng I`d like to ask You if there is any sense of looking for
>> such a event viewer in LLTng ?
>
> LTTng and LTTV are certainly right tools for tracing and
> visualisation (respectively). lttng can record traces on
> multiprocessor machines. I'll add that lttv has the possibility to
> synchronize traces recorded on multiple nodes.

Yeah, and it's pretty cool. Here is a small blog I wrote about
experiment I did on a virtual cluster of 10 machines.

http://multivax.blogspot.com/2011/01/tracing-linux-cluster.html

It really rocks!

Cheer,

Francis