[lttng-dev] some troubles having lttgng-ust actually log something on a shared library

Sébastien Barthélémy barthelemy at crans.org
Fri Dec 16 15:39:43 EST 2011

Hello,

I'd like to use lttng-ust 2.0 (compiled from git), but get some
trouble having it working even on
a toy project.

That is, a trace is created, but it is empty:

$ ls -nl ~/lttng-traces/auto-20111216-211946/ust/run_motion-30999-20111216-211946/
total 12
-rw-rw---- 1 353372359 353370625 4096 2011-12-16 21:19 channel0_0
-rw-rw---- 1 353372359 353370625 4096 2011-12-16 21:19 channel0_1
-rw-rw---- 1 353372359 353370625 4096 2011-12-16 21:19 metadata

using ust debug mode, I noticed this error message:
  libust[30999/31001]: Error: futex: Bad address (in
wait_for_sessiond() at lttng-ust-comm.c:571)
The full log is attached.

However, I get the same message with the hello example, which actually
logs something.

The only difference between my test and the hello example is that I
try to instrument
a shared library. I probably have missed some obvious step.

Could you please point me to a similar example, or give me a hint on
how to move forward?

Thanks a lot!

-- Sebastian