[ltt-dev] lttv-gui: using the graph to see events

Alexandre Montplaisir alexandre.montplaisir at polymtl.ca
Mon Aug 29 20:57:28 EDT 2011

On 11-08-27 05:32 AM, Zvi Vered wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Currently I'm using vanilla 2.6.27.35
>
> 1. What patch should I use ? There is no patch for 2.6.27.35

2.6.27 is quite old, and so is the matching LTTng version. If you have
to stay on that version, then the best bet is probably LTTng 0.72, the
latest one for 2.6.27.x

Check the compatibility list too, it might also require older versions
of ltt-control and LTTV.

> 2. If I use a patched kernel, can I report events from user space and
> see them on a graph ?

If you take a *kernel* trace (using lttctl), you will see events coming
from userspace applications (like system calls) and those will show in
the control flow view. But if you instrument your own application with
UST and take a UST trace (with ustctl), those traces do not populate the
control/resource views in LTTV, yet.