[ltt-dev] lttv-gui: using the graph to see events

Alexandre Montplaisir alexandre.montplaisir at polymtl.ca
Fri Aug 26 21:48:27 EDT 2011

On 11-08-26 06:06 PM, Zvi Vered wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using ust-0.15.
> I ran hello,hello2 contained in tests folder using usttrace.
> Then I added the trace to lttv-gui.
>
> Do you have a test code where I can see events or tracepoints on the graph ?
>
> Till now I managed to see events only in a list at the bottom of the gui.
>
> Thanks,
> Zviak.

Hi Zviak,

This is normal. The state system in LTTV only handles kernel traces for
now. When displaying UST traces, the control flow and resource views
will be empty.

There are plans on the mid/long-term roadmap to come up with a generic
way to define "state changes" for UST tracepoints. This will ultimately
allow any application instrumented with UST to display its own resources
and control flow.

Regards,

--
Alexandre Montplaisir