[ltt-dev] Event field meaning

Francis Giraldeau francis.giraldeau at usherbrooke.ca
Tue Nov 30 22:55:48 EST 2010

Hi,

Here is few other fields that are obsure and for which I don't find
obvious meaning. I post them, with some values I had, if somebody knows
or know how to get their values.

- sched_schedule : prev_state=0
- net.dev_receive : skb=0xee9000900, protocol=2048
  - I guess skb is the recv buffer pointer, protocol is IPv4?
- net.socket_connect : uservaddr=0x7fff38112730, addrlen=16
  - this is a TCP on IPv4 connexion, I would expect addrlen=32
- net.napi_poll : napi_struct=0xc2c08e38, name="<unk>"
  - does the napi_struct is in kernel address space?
- kernel.timer_set : expires=60581085, data=3267386788
  - particulary, what is the unit of expires? from hrtimer.h: the time
    is related to the clock on which the timer is based.
  - I would expect data to be a pointer, otherwise I don't know

I'm also don't know were to look for the IRQ ids over 50 that appears as
labels in /proc/interrupts: NMI LOC SPU PMI PND RES CAL TLB TRM THR MCE
MCP ERR MIS. I searched inside fs/proc/interrupts.c and I it seems to be
+1 increment per IRQ, but I'm not sure about it. Similar situation apply
for softirqs.

Thanks and have a nice day,

Francis