[ltt-dev] ** ERROR **: Kernel/LTTV event size differs for event tree_call_rcu_bh

Alexandre Montplaisir alexandre.montplaisir at polymtl.ca
Wed Nov 24 08:06:40 EST 2010

On 10-11-24 04:17 AM, Naresh Bhat wrote:
> Hi Mathew,
>
> Thank you very much for the information. My kernel version
> is*"2.6.32.4-lttng-0.188"
> * and LTTV version is* "**Linux Trace Toolkit Trace Control 0.78-04122009".
> *But according to compatibility list it should work.*
>
> Thanks and Regards
> -Naresh Bhat

Hi Naresh,

I think you are mistaking "lttctl" for "LTTV" ;)

lttctl = Linux Trace Toolkit Control. You have version 0.78 of this.
lttv = Linux Trace Toolkit Viewer. You can get its version by running
"lttv --help" and checking the first line of the output.

It's possible you are using a version of LTTV that was made for a
different version of LTTng, which could explain the "event size differs"
error you are getting.

Cheers,

--
Alexandre Montplaisir