[ltt-dev] RFC LTTv TextDump

Alexandre Montplaisir alexandre.montplaisir at polymtl.ca
Mon Nov 22 15:52:25 EST 2010

On 10-11-22 03:20 PM, David Goulet wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I propose here, only an idea, to create a lttv plugin for "human
> readable" text dump. There is too much information in the current
> textdump and it's not quite useful showing a lot of cryptic symbol and
> sec.nsec timestamp.

Make the textdump readable? What is this heresy!

But seriously, +1 from me too. Especially for the long path that gets
repeated every line, we could only put it once at the start of the file.
For kernel traces, the PID, TGID and exec name are nice to have, but
that's it. May need to add a "cpu number" that's normally at the end of
the file path.

Not sure about making the timestamp in H:M:S format though. This should
be the job of the viewer, as it would make parsing more difficult.
Unless we want two different modules, a "human readable textdump" and a
"parseable textdump".

Cheers,
Alexandre