[ltt-dev] Changing git://lttng.org to git://git.lttng.org

Yannick Brosseau yannick.brosseau at polymtl.ca
Tue Nov 16 11:28:47 EST 2010

Hello all,

Following the recent slashdot event, we've decided to permanently change
the server for the git hosting. With that, we had to change the host
name of the git server.

The good news is that the new git server is faster. The bad news is that
we ask you to change the url of the remote in your git configuration.

The new git server is at git://git.lttng.org (The old one was
git://lttng.org). All the path stayed the same.

We are currently forwarding the requests from lttng.org to
git.lttng.org, so all your clone will still work, but we urge you to
change so that we don't have to maintain this hack for too long. (You
will also get a faster response.)

As an example, to change your config, you can execute this sed command
in your git directory:
sed -i "s/git:\/\/lttng.org\//git:\/\/git.lttng.org\//" .git/config

Yannick Brosseau