[ltt-dev] Problem on combine kernel trace and userspace trace.

Sam Liao phyomh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 05:24:24 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to combine the kernel trace and userspace trace, and it
seems that the
the userspace events can not be recognized to the right process with the kernel
events. I'm not sure if this is a problem of timestamp between kernel
and userspace.

Here is the environment I'm using:
----
Linux Trace Toolkit Visualizer 0.12.35-20082010
linux kernel 2.6.34.6
ust-0.4. ( I update the clock to use clock_gettime).
----

Is there anything I missed? Also I'm thinking about one problem, if
ust using clock_gettime to
get the nonseconds timestamp which is actually the timestamp that the user
application is doing the clock_gettime system call instead the
userspace event, how ust
deal with such difference and get this fixed when trace combination?

Thanks,
-Sam