[ltt-dev] Kernel/LTTV event size differs issue

Juntang Fu(David) juntang.fu at windriver.com
Wed May 26 23:45:53 EDT 2010

Hello, Mathieu:
  I have met a problem when displaying my tracing datas in LTTV with the
following errors,can you help me see it?thanks in advance.

   lttng: error: Kernel/LTTV event size differs for event
                       kernel_timer_timeout: kernel 36, LTTV 4

The versions of my kernel,lttv,lttng patch are:
   linux-kernel:2.6.27.45
   lttv:0.11.4
   lttng:0.47

My tracing steps are:
1>.start tracing in normal mode with append enabled
2>.stop the normal tracing
3>.change the trace mode to flight with append enabled
4>.re-start the tracing
5>.stop the trace and click 'yes' for displaying the log datas
in LTTV.

if you need my tracing raw datas,I will send it to you.

 thanks again.

Regards
  David