[ltt-dev] Is Lttng able to work as a printk-like function?

jerome zh jeromezhr at gmail.com
Wed May 26 11:32:03 EDT 2010

Hi all,

In our projects, we used to call printk() in the ip stack to show some ip
header information each time a packet comes in.
But when the packet comes too frequently, the system becomes overload
because of  too many printk().
So we are wondering if we can do this by lttng, since its performance is
quite high?
If lttng cannot directly print them to the screen,  recording ip header
information to the trace files is also a good choice.

BTW, I've read the marker.txt and tracepoint.txt. But these examples don't
cover such subject.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,