[ltt-dev] debian packaging

kerstin.jonsson kerstin.jonsson at ericsson.com
Thu May 20 12:05:03 EDT 2010

On 05/19/2010 05:23 PM, Jon Bernard wrote:
> * kerstin.jonsson<kerstin.jonsson at ericsson.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have added a "deb" target to the ust and lttv make files, to
>> enable build of debian packages, I also did some minor changes to
>> the documentation - NB! not the contents, only to enable deb install
>> of the manual as info pages.
>>
>> This is something that I did only for our own convenience, (i.e. the
>> debian control files needs more work before these patches can be
>> made public) we are using pbuilder to create boot images for
>> different targets and then it's neat to have everything installable
>> from deb packets.
>>
>> Is this something that may be of interest? I'd be happy to mail the
>> patches. Or is the intention to keep the packaging separate from the
>> source tree?

Hi again, sorry! I was interrupted.
> Hi Kerstin, thanks for your interest! I'm more than happy to collaborate
> on the debian packaging.
>
> I much prefer to keep the debian packaging development separate from
> upstream development. The git repositories for this are hosted at
> http://git.debian.org/ Ust and liburcu are available in Debian unstable
> and testing, but if you need packages for lenny, let me know. I should
> be able to backport them with little effort.

We are using testing and unstable but the problem we wanted to solve was
to have a simple way of including our own modifications to UST into the
boot images we create for the target machines. LTTV, however, is a different
matter, we will not do any modifications to lttv and then it's very nice to
be able to download the package directly. But still, testing and unstable
is just what we're looking for.
> ltt-control is nearly done, I have a manpage or two to write and it will
> be ready for upload. I can push a snapshot of this effort to a git
> repository if you're interested.

We most certainly are:D
> For lttv, I'm only waiting for the licensing to be updated before I can
> upload that package.
>
> Any patches you have please send them along and I'll make sure they get
> included.

Since my lttv patches are soon to be obsolete, also for us, I'll attache
only the patches that I did to the UST source tree.

Best Regards,
Kerstin