[ltt-dev] debian packaging

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Wed May 19 09:52:36 EDT 2010

* kerstin.jonsson (kerstin.jonsson at ericsson.com) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have added a "deb" target to the ust and lttv make files, to enable
> build of debian packages, I also did some minor changes to the
> documentation - NB! not the contents, only to enable deb install of the
> manual as info pages.
>
> This is something that I did only for our own convenience, (i.e. the
> debian control files needs more work before these patches can be made
> public) we are using pbuilder to create boot images for different
> targets and then it's neat to have everything installable from deb
> packets.
>
> Is this something that may be of interest? I'd be happy to mail the
> patches. Or is the intention to keep the packaging separate from the
> source tree?

Hi Kerstin,

Packaging info could be inserted to the source tree, for both debs and
RPMS. You should probably synchronize with Jon Bernard, who is currently
maintaining the liburcu and ust debian packages. He opened two Debian
bugs (wishlist) for ltt-control and lttv:

http://bugs.debian.org/570042
http://bugs.debian.org/570043

I'm also CCing Jan and Gregory, who are working on the RPM-side.