[ltt-dev] simultaneous lttng kerner tracer and userspace tracer

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Thu Jun 10 09:48:41 EDT 2010

* MEKEZE KWATCHO, PATRICK (PATRICK) (patrick.mekeze_kwatcho at alcatel-lucent.com) wrote:

> Yes, I see well the kernel event and the testprogramm process when I analyze the trace1 get with $ lttctl -C -w /tmp/trace1 trace1
>
> I also think that is it possible to start a userspace trace without using the usttrace tool.
> When I run $usttrace ./testprogramm and $ lttctl -C -w /tmp/trace1 trace1, I saw on the lttv-gui all the kernel event, but i didn't see my userspace event.
> Among the process, both usttrace and testprogramm are present.

How do you start lttv-gui ?

Something like:

lttv-gui -t path_to_kernel_trace -t path_to_ust_trace

would be appropriate. Also make sure to look at the usttrace source code
to select the kernel-lttng-compatible trace clock rather than
gettimeofday. If you don't change that, the kernel and userspace data
won't be aligned on the same timeline.