[ltt-dev] Userspace LTTng code (UST)

Pierre-Marc Fournier pierre-marc.fournier at polymtl.ca
Wed Jan 6 14:54:12 EST 2010

On December 15, 2009 22:50:55 Poop Rabbit wrote:
> Hi,

Hi!

> I am trying to understand whether the LTTng user space project has reached
> a point of maturity such that user space tracing can be used with a user
> space application.  I have not seen any officially released packages or
> source.
>
> Can someone please elaborate on the state of the LTTng user space source
> code?  Where can I find an official release?  Will
> http://lists.casi.polymtl.ca/ to include more detailed information with
> regard to UST?

Indeed, no release has been done yet.

The code can be found here:
http://git.dorsal.polymtl.ca/?p=ust.git;a=summary

The tracer does work, with the following caveats:
- per-cpu buffers are not yet there (buffers are per-process)
- flight recorder is not yet functional
- in some cases, tracing does not persist across child process creation

A 0.1 release is targeted for this month.

pmf