[ltt-dev] UST - Problems in recording trace on a current process

Pierre-Marc Fournier pierre-marc.fournier at polymtl.ca
Tue Feb 23 10:15:29 EST 2010

soumyakanti chakraborty wrote:

>     Hi Pierre,
>
>     >>>What do you see in the trace directory (the one that doesn't
>     work)? What
>     >>>files and are they zero size or do they contain something?
>
>     Yes, they are of zero size. Its actually zero byte.
>

> Hi Pierre,
>
> I did a manual trace with Firefox and received the following errors
> pasted in the below link -
>
> http://pastebin.ca/1805238

There are some remaining issues with tracing of multi-process
applications. Firefox, because of its complexity, is a very good torture
test. I will dig into this this week. Thanks for the feedback.

> Like Naren, I also received some directories which has no traces inside
> /tmp/usttrace, those directories had a 0 byte metadata_0 file. Just to
> know if the above errors has something to do with no significant results
> getting displayed in lttv during batch analysis.

Not sure if I understand what you mean. Batch analysis is the framework
on which the lttv textdump plugin is based. Do you mean you get nothing
in text dump? Or in your own custom plugin based on batch analysis.

Normally you should at least get events for tracefiles that have
non-zero size.