[ltt-dev] UST - Problems in recording trace on a current process

Pierre-Marc Fournier pierre-marc.fournier at polymtl.ca
Mon Feb 8 17:19:17 EST 2010

Hi,

> *Error: connect: No such file or directory (../libustcomm/ustcomm.c:452)*
> *ustcmd_send_cmd: could not connect to PID 1989*
> *error while trying to list markers for PID 1989*

Please specify whether you are running UST 0.1 or the latest git. Lots of
things have changed lately in the git.

> Preceding the command execution
>
> 1. I've already created ustsocks,socks and trace under tmp directory.
> 2. Started the demon ustd
> 3. gave this command "ustctl --list-markers 1989" . On giving this command,
> i got the above mentioned error. 1989 is the pid of the process that was
> supposed to be tracked.
> 4. I have also verified to determine ustd is running or not. Its running on
> tty "pts/01".
>
> I've also been facing problems in usttrace after the installation of urcu
> 0.4

If you are using UST 0.1, this is normal. Quoting the README, "-> This release
was tested with liburcu v0.3.4". liburcu 0.4 is not backward compatible so
things break. But there is a recent commit in the ust git that switches to
the new urcu API. If you _are_ using the latest UST git, then there is a
problem.

Again, please specify what version you are using.