[ltt-dev] UST - Problems in recording trace on a current process

Naren tracemein at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 16:49:13 EST 2010

Hi,

When executing ustctl in manual mode to record a trace on a current process,
i am getting the following error.

*Error: connect: No such file or directory (../libustcomm/ustcomm.c:452)*
*ustcmd_send_cmd: could not connect to PID 1989*
*error while trying to list markers for PID 1989*

Preceding the command execution

1. I've already created ustsocks,socks and trace under tmp directory.
2. Started the demon ustd
3. gave this command "ustctl --list-markers 1989" . On giving this command,
i got the above mentioned error. 1989 is the pid of the process that was
supposed to be tracked.
4. I have also verified to determine ustd is running or not. Its running on
tty "pts/01".

I've also been facing problems in usttrace after the installation of urcu
0.4

please check this link for the error snapshot .. http://pastebin.ca/1790628

Regards,
Naren