[ltt-dev] [BUG] libtraceread ppa breaks JNI for tracefiles of versions other than 2.6

Alexandre Montplaisir alexandre.montplaisir at polymtl.ca
Thu Dec 16 14:58:17 EST 2010

On 10-12-16 02:07 PM, Matthew Khouzam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here's a problem I found:
> install libs for liblttvtraceread v2.3/2.5 and 2.6.
> then install the lttng ppa jni libtraceread
>
> TMF no longer can read older traces.

That's without using any kind of LD_PRELOAD right?
Try moving your traceread and traceread-loader .so files for versions
2.3 and 2.5 from /usr/local/lib to /usr/lib

> Potential solution: include all 3 libtraceread files in the .deb.

Can't really be done without too much hassle, given 2.3 and 2.5 are
simply older version of the whole program.
An alternative is to provide different packages for diffeent versions of
the lib. This is planned for future versions (liblttvtraceread-2.6,
liblttvtraceread-2.7, etc.)

Now I expect your next question : is it be possible to package 2.3 and 2.5 ?

A : Everything's possible! Is there enough usage that justifies doing so?