[ltt-dev] UST: PowerPC 32 port of now in git

Pierre-Marc Fournier pierre-marc.fournier at polymtl.ca
Fri Apr 23 13:22:53 EDT 2010

On 04/20/2010 08:27 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 02:45:36PM -0400, Pierre-Marc Fournier wrote:
>> Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:

>>> This port seems to rely on do_gettimeofday. Any plan to add ppc tb
>>> register-based trace clock ?
>>>

>> Hi Mathieu,
>>
>> I did some tests. On my ppc32 system, this counter wraps in about 2
>> minutes. Will LTTV tolerate well a wrapping time base?
>
> ppc32 timebase is two separate registers, timebase upper and lower.  I could
> certainly see the lower register (lower 32 bits) wrapping in about 2 min, but
> the upper should continue on.

Thanks. Indeed there was a problem in my quick test implementation. ;-)
I pushed the code to the repo. To activate the "native" time source, one
must comment the
#define TRACE_CLOCK_GENERIC
line in clock.h.

For now there is no trace_clock_frequency() function for this time
source so it is disabled by default.

pmf