[ltt-dev] lttctl -D option hangs while trying to destroy trace

fazlin ahamed fazlincse at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 10:09:14 EDT 2009

I got un update...

The machine tat i was facing problem had a stripped down version of 2.6.29
kernel with very few kernel configuration options enabled.. (only those
which are really required)..

I got another machine running 2.6.29 but with most of the kernel
configuration option enabled. In this i applied the same patch and lttctl
starts and destroys trace without any problem.

This makes me think whether i have missed any kernel configuration option
that are required for LTT. I have supplied same value to all kernel config
options supplied by LTT. But i guess there is some related kernel
configuration option that i am missing.

Anyone has any idea what might be the missing link??? Or can someone pls let
me know what are the basic options tat have to be enabled for LTT..

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Fazlin