[ltt-dev] Legend for resource viewer in LTTV ?

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Mon Oct 19 16:38:32 EDT 2009

* Gregory Haskins (gregory.haskins at gmail.com) wrote:
> Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> > * Gregory Haskins (gregory.haskins at gmail.com) wrote:

> >> Hi Martin,
> >>
> >> http://lttng.org/files/lttv-doc/user_guide/x81.html
> >>

> > I'm afraid this is the legend for the "control flow" view rather than
> > the resource view.
>
> Ah, Indeed.  My bad!

No problem, help is always appreciated. And it's easy to get confused
when there is no documentation available on a feature.

> Sorry for the noise.
> -Greg
>
> (BTW: 31.3-162 is working great for me, thanks for the port!)

Great ! :)

BTW, have you tried the user-space tracer library currently in
development: UST ? It's a port of LTTng to user-space.

It would be good to give it a bit more exposure, since we plan to
broadcast it more widely in about a week. Pierre-Marc Fournier is
maintaining it. Note that in its current state, it's mostly x86-centered
and needs to have synchronized time-stamp counters across cores.

It can be fetched at:
git://git.dorsal.polymtl.ca/git/ust.git

Feedback is very welcome, (so are patches) ;)