[ltt-dev] Userspace RCU 0.2.3

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Wed Oct 14 18:36:57 EDT 2009

Hi,

I just released lib urcu 0.2.3, which is now using autotools. I also
integrated automatic architecture detection for old 386 which lack
cmpxchg (using a fall-back if necessary). I also use a lock; addl
instead of mfence on x86-32 to support a larger variety of older Intel
CPUs.

The build system detects if NR_futex is available in the system
headers. It falls back on a more portable alternative if they are not
available.

There are also new configuration modes to ./configure for UP-only
systems.

As always, the tarballs are available at http://www.lttng.org/urcu