[ltt-dev] Some LTTng 0.43 issue on ARM

Bryan Hsieh bryanhsieh at fihspec.com
Fri Jul 31 06:56:23 EDT 2009

Hi Ajit,

I appreciate your reply!
But there is a problem here.

My installation of Busybox is 1.12.4.

I follow your suggestion to test on x86 Desktop ARM simulator, the message said that can't find /proc/ltt. I think it should be, because I didn't patch to ARM simulator Linux kernel.

[sbox-ARM: ~/ltt-control-0.55-16102008/lttctl] > ltt-armall
Connecting all markers
cat: /proc/ltt: No such file or directory
Connecting high-rate markers to tap
cat: /proc/ltt: No such file or directory

It should be work on my target device, but it seems not.
I can't find /ltt under /proc
Maybe it's root cause, but why there is no /ltt/proc? And why there is no " cat: /proc/ltt: No such file or directory" message in my target device during running ltt-armall?

BTW, I mount debugfs in init.c
Mount("debugfs", "/sys/kernel/debug", "debugfs", 0, NULL);
It should not be a problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Another problem:
I command as following steps.
# lttctl -n trace1 -q
Linux Trace Toolkit Trace Control 0.55-16102008
Controlling trace : trace1

# lttctl -n trace1 -r
Linux Trace Toolkit Trace Control 0.55-16102008
Controlling trace : trace1

>>> Android shell hang in here, I have to press Ctrl+Z to force stopping - lttctl -n trace1 -r   .Why?  Is anything wrong?
# ls -l  ../tmp/trace1
drwxrwxrwx root     root              1980-01-07 06:37 control
-rwxrwxrwx root     root      1048576 1980-01-07 06:37 cpu_0
# ls -l  ../tmp/trace1/control
-rwxrwxrwx root     root            0 1980-01-07 06:37 metadata_0
-rwxrwxrwx root     root            0 1980-01-07 06:37 interrupts_0
-rwxrwxrwx root     root        10240 1980-01-07 06:37 processes_0
-rwxrwxrwx root     root        65536 1980-01-07 06:37 modules_0
-rwxrwxrwx root     root        65536 1980-01-07 06:37 network_0

The Channel in /sys/kernel/debug/ltt/trace1 is clear.  Does it cause by destroy channel command?

The metadata_0 and interrupts_0 are empty, Is that correct? I've done some key press, the interrupts_o shouldn't be empt.

And those files almost filled by 0 except for the short header I can't make sure, it looks like incomplete.

I hope you can help me to solve these issues, I am appreciate you so much.

Best regards,
Bryan Hsieh

SPEC, FIH Co., Ltd.
Tel:+886-3-270-0000 #2723