[ltt-dev] lttv 32 bit to 64 bit cutover version

Jim Schimandle jvs at psyncretics.com
Wed Jul 22 22:11:13 EDT 2009

I'm compiling and running lttv 0.8.72 on a x64_64 linux box. The binary
generated is:
     /usr/local/bin/lttv.real: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, not stripped

The program will seg fault when I select certain lines in the trace text
window. Not every line causes a seg fault. And it also depends on the
current position in the graphics window.

I did some basic debug. The program is seg faulting in
     lttv_traceset_context_pos_pos_compare()

The data in the LttvTracesetContextPosition pos2 structure is being overwritten
by someone.

The overwrite is visible in update_current_position() and set_current_position().

I did a quick scan of the warning messages being generated. Several refer
to pointers being stored in integers of the wrong size.

So I'm curious if there was a major cleanup at some point to make lttv 64 bit
friendly. If so, what lttv version was the cleanup done in?

I will try a simple 32 bit compile as soon as I install the correct 32 bit
libraries for all the dependencies.

--
Jim Schimandle
Primary Syncretics