[ltt-dev] LTT userspace RPM repositories available

Gregory Haskins gregory.haskins at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 10:14:20 EDT 2009

Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> * Gregory Haskins (gregory.haskins at gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> Hi Matthieu, all,
>>   I was able to resolve the build error I was getting in some of the
>> distros.  You can find an array of distros available as yum/rpm
>> repositories here:
>>

> Do you need us to pull a patch to the tarball spec files ?

Actually I didn't realize the spec files shipped like that.  The one I
am using is peripheral to the tarball and I got(stole) from Jan Blunck's
build-service package.

/me goes to check the tarball

I do not seem to have a spec file in my lttv tarball (I didn't check
ltt-control).  FWIW, the change I needed on both packages was:

s/%makeinstall/make install DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT

I can send the whole .spec, if you like.

>> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home://ghaskins://lttng/
>>
>> The build service supports both RPM and DEB based distros, but I haven't
>> had the time to figure out how to make the DEB versions work.  So its
>> currently limited to primarily Suse and Redhat.  But if there is
>> interest, I can try to get the others working as well.  Patches to add
>> support for other distros is of course, always welcome.
>>

> Yep, this would be great indeed.
>

>> I plan on tracking each update that is made, so feel free to advertise
>> this URL on the LTTng site, if you like.  People can either install the
>> rpm as a one-off, or they can add the repository to their system and
>> they should get notified by their package manager when a new version
>> becomes available.
>>

> Ideally, if you would have a webpage with a few instructions we can
> point people at, it would be perfect. This would ensure instructions
> would keep in sync with the rpm repo.

Ok, I will try to put something together.

>> Regards,
>> -Greg
>>
>> PS: If you can shoot me a mail whenever a new lttv/ltt-control is
>> released, I will be sure to update the packages shortly thereafter.
>>

> Monitoring ltt-dev is probably the best way to follow the new versions,
> and on my side I'll try to email ltt-dev for every new version.

Yep, that works too. I am already subscribed.

Regards,
-Greg