[ltt-dev] Run lttv-gui error

Shouwei Li casmyu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 07:17:59 EDT 2009

Hello, friends:
I login OS with root account. then I run lttv-gui like this:
[root][~]# export DISPLAY=192.168.153.1:0.0
[root][~]# lttv-gui
I have opend xmanager(passive), then the GUI pop up.
Then I click the Insert Tracing Control Module button(The traffic
light), after input the root passwd, I click start button, but an
error message box pop up, the error message is "A problem occured when
executing the su command : Operation not permitted". Please tell me
why and how to solve this problem.
One more question: I want to monitor a program which executed from
bash, all the processes of this program execute. Include from bash to
execv, how the dynamic loader loaded the elf file and the other
libraries and so on. Does lttv can be competent for this work?
Thank you very much!
--
Best Regards!
Shouwei Li