[ltt-dev] performance results I measured with the latest lttng patches

Mathieu Desnoyers compudj at krystal.dyndns.org
Fri Sep 26 12:39:14 EDT 2008

* Michael Rubin (mrubin at google.com) wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 11:41 PM, KOSAKI Motohiro
> <kosaki.motohiro at jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> > At least, I'll try to improve LTTng before make alternative benchmark.
> > if other person also think the same, I'm glad.
>
> Took the words right out of my mouth.
>
> mrubin

Yup, what I am currently doing (by hand, it's rather long), is to run
tbench between LTTng patches application to see where the performance
regressions are.

Some automated build/test infrastructure would be good, e.g. :

quilt pop -a

until patchset fully applied
  quilt push
  build kernel
  install kernel
  reboot
  run tbench, gather results

This should probably be done with both config=Y and config=N for
tracepoint and lttng-specific options.