[ltt-dev] new ltt-trace-control module based on debugfs(v2)

Zhaolei zhaolei at cn.fujitsu.com
Wed Nov 12 01:58:51 EST 2008

* Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
>> By this way, dir hiberarchy is not changed.(so we need not modify user-mode tools now)
>> But ltt-trace-control.ko can get dentry of debugfs/ltt by calling get_ltt_debug_root().
>>
>> In future, both ltt-relay and ltt-relay-locked will do following in init()
>> ltt_relay_dentry = debugfs_create_dir(LTT_RELAY_ROOT, get_ltt_debug_root());
>> (OR ltt_relay_dentry = debugfs_create_dir(LTT_RELAY_LOCKED_ROOT, get_ltt_debug_root());)
>>
>> What is your opinion?
>>

> Yes, that's fine with me. I just wonder why we would not create the
> debugfs ltt/ directory directly in ltt-core.c init() ?

Hello, Mathieu

Thanks for your answer.

Because following reason:
1: no init() in ltt-core.c(sure we can add it)
2: if ltt-relay and ltt-relay-locked compiled into kernel, ltt-relay's init()
   maybe called prior to ltt-core's init. In ltt-relay's init, it needs use
   ltt-root-dentry, but ltt-root-dentry is not inited this time.

B.R.
Zhaolei