[ltt-dev] Using LTTng on DA8xx Target

saumya agarwal cmks2002 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 22:41:04 EST 2008

Hi All,

I am using a DA8xx Primus EVM and I want to use LTTng to trace the
system. The  kernel supports LTTng.
This is the first time I'll am working on it.

I downloaded TraceToolkit-0.9.5 and untared it.
The patched I am getting are:
patch-ltt-linux-2.4.16-rthal5f-020415-1.14
patch-ltt-linux-2.4.16-s390-020422-1.14
patch-ltt-linux-2.4.16-vanilla-020415-1.14
patch-ltt-linux-2.5.7-vanilla-020415-1.14
patch-ltt-rtai-24.1.8-020317-1.14

But the linux kernel version for DA8xx is 2.6.18.
So can I use any of these patches?

One more doubt I had was, that we use this tool from host or on
target? Do I need a linux host machine, apply patches to its kernel,
and reboot it and then start using it OR I need to apply patches to my
DA8xx kernel and then start tracing on target itself?

I am kind of confused about its usage.
Could any one help me out with the exact procedure for using LTTng and
patches version (website) from where I can get required packages?

Thanks in advance