[lttng-dev] Building the Babeltrace-Libary for Windows?

Seidl, Aron aron.seidl at zeiss.com
Fri Nov 3 07:48:20 EDT 2023

Hello guys,

after it was finally possible to debug Babeltrace properly, I step onto a next problem.
I apologize in advance, but I'm new to Linux development and even more to cross compiling.
Is it even possible to compile libbabeltrace for Windows and I have to dig deeper, trying to understand it better, or did I just waste 3 days of my life trying the impossible?
Maybe you guys know a little more.

FYI: I installed every Mingw-package on my machine, and I try to configure the project as follows:

./configure --prefix=$PWD/install --host=x86_64-w64-mingw64 --enable-built-in-plugins --enable-static --disable-shared

The configure-phase runs well, but the make process fails.

I hope it is the last time I have to ask you some questions. I wish you a great weekend!

Sincerely,
Aron

__________
Aron Seidl
DH-Student IT Education

Carl Zeiss AG
Carl-Zeiss-Strasse 22
73447 Oberkochen, Deutschland

aron.seidl at zeiss.com<mailto:aron.seidl at zeiss.com>
www.zeiss.de<http://www.zeiss.de/>
Carl Zeiss AG
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Oberkochen, Deutschland
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Dr. Michael Bolle
Vorstand: Dr. Karl Lamprecht (Vorsitzender),
Susan-Stefanie Breitkopf, Sven Hermann, Dr. Christian Müller,
Andreas Pecher, Dr. Jochen Peter, Dr. Markus Weber
Amtsgericht Ulm, HRB 501 555, USt-IdNr: DE 811 119 940