[lttng-dev] Discarded events

Milian Wolff milian.wolff at kdab.com
Tue Aug 15 01:24:34 EDT 2023

On Sonntag, 13. August 2023 16:58:17 CEST Bala Gundeboina via lttng-dev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am Using LTTng in my project , I am recording a kernel session for long
> duration (eg more than 15minutes) I am enabling all the events for
> recording but some events discarding after stopping the session, if i run
> more than 5 minutes only some events are discarding. I have tried to change
> in the .ltttngrc file also to increase buffer-size.

While not directly related to your question, I strongly encourage you to
review the list of events and only enable those that are actually required for
the specific issue you are investigating. Some kernel events are _extremely_
high frequency but have often no practical use for many (at least in my
experience and for my own purposes). Examples for the latter are esp. the
kmalloc tracepoints.

--
Milian Wolff | milian.wolff at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB (Deutschland) GmbH, a KDAB Group company