[lttng-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: Status of LTTng-scope and Lttng-analyses

Cook, Layne Layne.Cook at ballaerospace.com
Tue Aug 1 14:37:58 EDT 2023

Thanks for the reply Mathieu. We are going to go with Trace Compass.

Could I hit you with one more question? I've been unable to find an answer on the web.

When I build lttng-modules using the sources and instructions from here<https://github.com/lttng/lttng-modules/blob/master/README.md#kernel-built-in-support>, it fails because it cannot sign the kernel modules with keys. During the  "make modules_install" phase, it gives these messages for each module:

At main.c:160:
- SSL error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory: crypto/bio/bss_file.c:69
- SSL error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file: crypto/bio/bss_file.c:76
sign-file: certs/signing_key.pem: No such file or directory
  INSTALL /root/lttng-modules-master/src/lib/lttng-lib-ring-buffer.ko

Subsequently, the modules fail to load with an error:
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'lttng_ring_buffer_client_discard': Required key not available

I'm am installing on a RHEL8 system. Is this because RHEL8 is not supported as an official Enterprise release? Have the keys and/or their locations changed for RHEL8?

Thanks,

LC
layne.cook at ballaerospace.com