[lttng-dev] Error: Unable to list kernel events: Kernel tracer not available

Kienan Stewart kstewart at efficios.com
Fri Jul 12 16:01:38 EDT 2024

Hi François,

On 7/12/24 3:52 PM, François Belias wrote:
> Hi Kienan,
> Yes, `lttng-sessiond` is being run by the root user. I have shared a
> screenshot of the result when I ran the `lttng-sessiond -vvv` command,
> but I don't think the kernel modules are loaded.
> thanks

There are two issues in the screenshot you attached:

   1. You are not starting lttng-sessiond as the root user, you are
running it as the user 'philippe'
   2. The error in the screenshot indicates that there is already
another lttng-sessiond running.

Could you please stop all of the lttng-sessionds, then run
`lttng-sessiond -vvv` as the root user?

thanks,
kienan