[lttng-dev] Error: Unable to list kernel events: Kernel tracer not available

Kienan Stewart kstewart at efficios.com
Fri Jul 12 15:24:28 EDT 2024

Hi François,

On 7/12/24 2:53 PM, François Belias via lttng-dev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I run the command `sudo lttng list -k`, I get the following error:

To check a few things:

   * Is lttng-sessiond being run by the root user?
   * If you run lttng-session with the "-vvv" option, are there messages
related to loading the kernel modules?
   * Once the lttng-sessiond is started, you can check to see if the
kernel modules have been loaded by running the following command:

```
lsmod | grep lttng
```

thanks,