[lttng-dev] Undefined symbol error fix

François Belias beliasossim at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 16:06:34 EDT 2024

Hello,

    I am trying to access tracepoints from this website
https://archive.eclipse.org/tracecompass.incubator/doc/org.eclipse.tracecompass.incubator.virtual.machine.analysis.doc.user/Virtual-Machine-Analysis-User-Documentation.html
(kmv_entry, kmv_exit) for my analysis. I added the "addons" folder from the
"addons_vm" branch of this repository:
https://github.com/tahini/lttng-modules to the current version of
lttng-module github repository. However, I am encountering these errors
when compiling
ERROR: modpost: "lttng_tracepoint_probe_register"
[lttng-modules/src/addons/lttng-vmsync-guest.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "lttng_tracepoint_probe_unregister"
[Desktop/lttng-modules/src/addons/lttng-vmsync-guest.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "lttng_tracepoint_probe_register"
[Desktop/lttng-modules/src/addons/lttng-vmsync-host.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "lttng_tracepoint_probe_unregister"
[Desktop/lttng-modules/src/addons/lttng-vmsync-host.ko] undefined!

I am not sure how to resolve this issue. Can someone please help me?

Thanks.