[lttng-dev] userspace-rcu and ThreadSanitizer

Ondřej Surý ondrej at sury.org
Fri Mar 17 13:02:28 EDT 2023

> On 17. 3. 2023, at 14:44, Mathieu Desnoyers <mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com> wrote:
>
> I would indeed like to remove all the custom atomics assembly code from liburcu now that there are good atomics support in the major compilers (gcc and clang).

Here's very preliminary implementation:

https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/userspace-rcu/-/merge_requests/2

I just did something wrong somewhere along the path and it doesn't compile now,
but it did for me locally.

I am submitting this now as it's 18:00 Friday evening and my kids are starting to
be angry at me :).

This will need some more work - I think some of the cmm_ macros might be dropped
now, and somebody who does that more often than I should take a look at the memory
orderings.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý (He/Him)