[lttng-dev] LTTng and containers.

Maksim Khmelevskiy mk.void.mail at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 12:12:51 EDT 2022

Hi,

I would like to ask regarding the hot topic - container tracing. I've seen
a youtube video <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hra-eu6EOpY>, have read a
message <https://lists.lttng.org/pipermail/lttng-dev/2021-May/029952.html>
from LTTng mailing list and tried to google more about this topic but
didn't find much of info. Could you please direct me where should I
continue digging?
My problem:
I would like to have multiple containers where traces are generated by apps
with compiled-in tracepoints. Traces could be stored in these containers as
well.
Besides these containers I would have a trace processor container, a master
container which could address a container(or a trace session) and fetch
traces from it and read with babeltrace or similar tool.
So far, intuitively, remote tracing comes to my mind but before continuing
with the task I would be happy to hear an advice from LTTng devs.

Thank you!