[lttng-dev] efficios MX problems? (was: urcu 7ca7fe9c03 + _LGPL_SOURCE regression?)

Michael Jeanson mjeanson at efficios.com
Mon Aug 22 10:35:42 EDT 2022

On 2022-08-20 15:13, Eric Wong via lttng-dev wrote:
> I'm not sure why b.barracudacentral.org doesn't like my MTA.
> I got something similar in my initial message to Simon but
> brushed it off thinking it was a fluke, but I just got this
> again with Mathieu in the recipient list, as well.
>
> dcvr.yhbt.net was recently forced to get a new IP address,
> but DKIM + SPF are set up and it manages to deliver fine to
> at least one major email provider:
>
>> Reporting-MTA: dns; dcvr.yhbt.net
>> Arrival-Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 18:51:43 +0000 (UTC)
>>
>> Final-Recipient: rfc822; mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
>> Remote-MTA: dns; mail.efficios.com
>> Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Service unavailable; client [173.255.242.215]
>>      blocked using b.barracudacentral.org
>>
>> Final-Recipient: rfc822; simon.marchi at efficios.com
>> Remote-MTA: dns; mail.efficios.com
>> Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Service unavailable; client [173.255.242.215]
>>      blocked using b.barracudacentral.org
>
> I wonder if any other self-hosters are hitting this problem...

Hi Eric,

The ip address of your mx server (173.255.242.215) is blacklisted at Barracuda
and SORBS, since you mention the address was recently changed this is probably
because of the previous owners. Both of those blacklists should provide ways
to get delisted, this is something I had to handle previously with other
blacklists when setting up a new mx.

A good tool to check the reputation of your mx ip is mxtoolbox.com [1].

I will manually whitelist the address of you mx on our server since I know
it's legitimate but you should have the people managing it look into this
since you'll probably have issues with other servers.

Hope this helps, cheers,

Michael

[1] https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3ayhbt.net&run=toolpage