[lttng-dev] CTF2-SPECRC-1.0: Common Trace Format version 2 release candidate

Philippe Proulx pproulx at efficios.com
Thu Nov 25 14:18:36 EST 2021

Hello,

Today we're releasing the first release candidate of the Common Trace
Format version 2 specification.

This document, named CTF2-SPECRC-1.0, is available here:

    <https://diamon.org/ctf/files/CTF2-SPECRC-1.0.html>

To write CTF2-SPECRC-1.0, many parts of CTF2-PROP-2.0rA [1] were
modified to make the text more easily understood and to formalize some
procedures. I also added a few diagrams to help understand the binary
layout of some fields.

Moreover, the metadata stream and auxiliary streams are now JSON text
sequences [2] instead of a single JSON array/object. This makes decoding
a streamed version of such input easier using any JSON parser, for
example to meet the needs of use cases similar to LTTng live [3].

Feel free to provide feedback!

Philippe Proulx
EfficiOS Inc.
https://efficios.com/