[lttng-dev] LTTng - Xenomai : different results between timestamp-lttng and rt_time_read()

MONTET Julien julien.montet at reseau.eseo.fr
Fri May 21 06:13:40 EDT 2021

Hello Mathieu, Norbert and Jan,

Thank you for all of your explainations and the overview of the system.
No I didn't change the ipipe patch for the vDSO, I may try this.
If I have correctly understood, this patch prevents Cobalt from entering in a deadlock when the kernel is using the vDSO and the program interrupts the kernel at the same time. On which kernel does it word (aroubd 4.19) ?
I currently try to avoid kernel 5.4 because I remember I faced some boot issues (but it is on another topic).

Here the issues i faced (drawn on TraceCompass). Are these the deadlocks we are talking about ?
https://postimg.cc/BP4G3bF0 (on 11:02:56:380)
https://postimg.cc/q6wHvrcC

Regards,