[lttng-dev] lttng live event loss with babeltrace2

Eqbal eqbalzee at gmail.com
Mon May 10 20:35:41 EDT 2021

Hi,

I ran my test with the new changes and it seems to improve the lossiness
but not eliminate it. For example it seems in the hello world example that
if the application exits too quickly after emitting the tracepoint, we
might still lose some events in the consumer even though they are present
in the relayd output folder. I don't quite understand why that is. Would
love some explanations on the various timing windows where we have a
potential to lose the events on the consumer side.

Thanks,
Eqbal