[lttng-dev] Babeltrace trimmer segfaults on custom trace

Dimitri Scheftelowitsch dimitri.scheftelowitsch at esrlabs.com
Tue May 4 10:21:46 EDT 2021

Hi,

as mentioned on the IRC channel, babeltrace2 (both HEAD and current release
in the lttng Ubuntu 20 repo) aborts with a violated precondition in
`bt_clock_snapshot_get_ns_from_origin` on some custom traces we created.
One of these traces is attached. It seems that the offending message is of
type `BT_MESSAGE_TYPE_PACKET_BEGINNING`. What is confusing is that the
pretty-printer does not seem to be influenced by this, and furthermore, I
am not sure that this type of message actually requires a timestamp (at
least if I understood the CTF spec correctly). Is this an issue with the
trace itself or rather with babeltrace2?

To reproduce: `babeltrace2 nvctf
--timerange="17:09:13.034123470,17:29:18.034216302"`.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Dimitri

--
Dimitri Scheftelowitsch
Software Engineer
E-mail: dimitri.scheftelowitsch at esrlabs.com
www.esrlabs.com

--
*ESR Labs GmbH*
*Sitz der Gesellschaft:* Balanstr. 73, Haus 11, 4. OG,

*Geschäftsführer: *Wolfgang Köcher, Gerd Schäfer

Amtsgericht* *München, HRB 257919, USt-ID: DE282185835

This message
(including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for
a specific individual or entity as the intended recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any distribution, any
copying of this message in part or in whole, or any taking of action based
on it, is strictly prohibited by law and may cause liability. In case you
have received this message due to an error in transmission, we ask you to
notify the sender immediately.