[lttng-dev] LTTng Support for Mount Namespace

Michael Jeanson mjeanson at efficios.com
Tue Jan 12 10:05:57 EST 2021

On 2021-01-09 09 h 03, Mohammad Kavousi wrote:
> Michael,
>
> Thank you for your swift response. However, for the first part, I'm not
> sure what it means by "using" the full kernel source. How would I use it
> with lttng-modules?
>
> As for the quick hack part, I grabbed the kernel source and copied the
> mount.h onto the folder you mentioned, and it did not help. I don't
> expect lttng to automatically find that file and use it; also there are
> no other header files in the package build directory. Could you kindly
> give us more instructions?
>
> Thanks,
> Mohammad

The lttng modules are shipped in Ubuntu as a dkms package which means
they are built directly on your machine for each kernel version you
install. So after adding the required file in your headers you'll need
to rebuild the modules with dkms and unload / reload them in your
running kernel or just reboot the machine.

To rebuild all installed dkms modules for the current kernel:

   sudo dkms autoinstall