[lttng-dev] Assertion tgt_fc failed when trying to trace callstack-user

Evan Galea evanjamesgalea at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 05:11:04 EDT 2021

Hi there

Thanks for help on my previous issue. I was able to get callstack-user to
work and see it in my traces. However, in order to get it to run I needed
to enable-event --kernel all. Is it necessary to have all kernel events
enabled to run callstack-user? Or is it just one specific event?

When I try to run it without enabling all kernel events the command is
accepted and it runs but I get the following error when trying to view my
traces:

 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ctf-meta-update-value-storing-indexes.c:65:
update_field_class_stored_value_index(): Assertion `tgt_fc` failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

What does this error mean? Should I just continue to enable all kernel
events?

My current command setup, not sure if relevant

lttng create &&
lttng enable-channel mychannel --subbuf-size 100000000
lttng enable-event --kernel --all &&
lttng add-context -u -t vpid -t vtid -t procname &&
lttng add-context --kernel --type callstack-user &&
lttng add-context --kernel --type callstack-kernel &&
lttng enable-event --jul jello

again thank you for your time

Evan Galea