[lttng-dev] QSBR urcu read lock question

lbj lbj137 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 13 23:19:27 EDT 2021

Hello all,

I have two different entities that are both protected by QSBR rcu: a policy and a hashtable. In the reclamation thread for the policy I would like to take a read lock so that I can safely iterate through the hashtable. I dont see anything wrong with this, but I just wanted to make sure it was ok since taking an rcu read lock in an rcu reclamation thread seems like it may be a bit suspect. Thanks for any insights, let me know if clarification is needed!

Jeff