[lttng-dev] QSBR urcu question

lbj lbj137 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 5 13:43:40 EDT 2021

Hello all,

I am using the QSBR flavor of URCU and I have a question: is it ok to call rcu_register_thread more than once per thread? Similarly, is it ok to call rcu_unregister_thread more than once per thread? I am using a library that uses a threadpool I have no control over. A thread from its threadpool invokes a callback function of mine. Threads may be reused. I would like to call rcu_register_thread at the beginning of my callback and rcu_unregister_thread at the end. The thread in question may exit or may be reused at some later point, I have no control over that. So I want to make sure that periodically registering and unregistering the same thread is ok. Thanks for any information.

Jeff